To upload a text extract that quotes a Hamlet line:
- Type this line in the Text search box above the Hamlet text. When your line appears, click on Show in text to display it in context. Click on the + sign to the left of the line to open a pop-up contribution window.
- Alternatively, find your line using the act and scenes grid. Click on the + sign to the left of the line to open a pop-up contribution window.
- To upload a reference to a character or scene from the play, you may use any Hamlet line by that character or in that scene. Our editorial staff will link your entry to the best search menu.
Add this information in the pop-up contribution window:
TEXT: the relevant extract.
- A paragraph-length passage is generally fine.
- If the text contains italics, please place *asterisks* around the word or phrase in question.
BIBLIO: the source for your reference, including as many as possible of the following:
- author, title, place of publication, publisher, year of publication, page number, chapter title and number, date of composition
- If you are interested in the HyperHamlet style sheet, please contact us for a copy of the editor's manual.
COMMENT: add further information, which the HyperHamlet editors will transfer into search field codings such as
- the author, e.g. nationality, profession and life dates
- the speakers in a play or novel
- the subject of a non-fictional text etc.
Your email address - if you choose to give it - will not be published online. If you are interested in more detail, please contact us for a copy of the HyperHamlet style sheet.
Thank you for your contribution to HyperHamlet resource. Your contributions help this open access database offer ever more value to scholars and fans.